Claflin, the oldest member of the Health Industry Distributors Association with over 200 years of history, is committed to delivering top-notch services to the healthcare industry. To better support the increasing demands of their B2B clients, Claflin partnered with PPWD to develop a custom connector between their INFOR Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and Magento/Adobe Commerce website. This large-scale project presented some unique challenges and complex solutions.
The challenges that the Claflin/PPWD team tackled included:
- Seamlessly integrating INFOR ERP and Magento/Adobe Commerce website to enhance operational efficiency.
- Addressing the unique needs of Claflin’s diverse B2B clientele.
- Managing and processing the massive catalog of products.
PPWD created the following solutions for Claflin, leading to significant improvements:
- Custom Connector - PPWD developed a custom connector that seamlessly integrates Claflin’s INFOR ERP and Magento/Adobe Commerce website. This enabled real-time data exchange and improved the overall efficiency of the company’s operations and Claflin’s streamlined business processes.
- Improved Customer Experience: To cater to the specific requirements of Claflin’s B2B clients, PPWD created a personalized experience on the website for Claflin’s diverse customer base. This allowed Claflin’s clients to fully leverage the company’s offerings in the healthcare marketplace, leading to led to higher customer satisfaction and strengthened relationships with Claflin’s B2B clients.
- Custom Laravel Application: PPWD built a custom application in Laravel to handle the nightly data processing of Claflin’s extensive catalog. This application efficiently managed the large volume of data, ensuring clients had access to the most up-to-date product information.
The successful collaboration between Claflin and PPWD has resulted in Claflin experiencing significant improvements in operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and catalog management. PPWD leveraged its extensive experience with Magento/Adobe Commerce, ERPs and creating custom applications (including Laravel) to dramatically improve Claflin’s operations. Custom programming is a great way to create unique solutions for companies that need more than what comes with out-of-the-box software.