PPWD is a well-established eCommerce and Digital Solutions provider that has been helping customers grow their businesses for over 20 years. We Code with Ethics. We focus on building relationships, understanding critical needs, and respecting the core values of our customers. We provide solutions that address Stability, Security, and Scalability.
We are a collection of motivated and passionate people committed to delivering quality products and services to our customers. We are headquartered in Smithfield, RI, but many employees contribute virtually throughout the United States.
About the Role
PPWD is looking for a Senior Full Stack Magento Developer to expand our team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing solutions in an agile environment. You may be asked to contribute as an individual or as a lead, but you are comfortable doing both. You will interface directly with customers on occasion, but also work in collaboration with the broader PPWD Team as well as 3rd party contractors and service providers in an agency setting. This may include other Project Managers, BAs, Product Managers, Developers, and QA personnel to ensure key timelines are maintained and project completion deliverables are met or exceeded.
- Demonstrated experience in eCommerce systems specifically Magento 2 including Adobe Cloud implementations
- Solid understanding of MySQL database best practices including build, test, and deployment
- Proficient in modern development standards, best practices, and UI/UX design principles
- Familiar with agile / scrum methodologies, Git-based source control workflow, and Containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to own projects from requirements through development and deployment
- Able to develop to Magento best practices & standards
- Comfortable leading and providing oversight, guidance and mentoring of junior developers.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Magento experience
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack development of production web applications
- 3+ years of experience in a role leading the development and implementation of complex software development projects
- Attention to detail, effective problem-solving skills, willingness to ask questions and share insights and best practices
- Functional and technical knowledge of Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, or other eCommerce platform workflows
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status
- Adobe Commerce / Magento Developer, Developer Plus certification(s)
- Prior experience completing codebase audits, preparing C-Level reports & remediation plans
- Prior development and understanding of PWA & Headless Architecture
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- DevOps knowledge and automation for building, testing, and releasing web applications
- SEO principles and best practices
- Experience with enterprise solutions (ERP, CRM, WMS, etc.), building middleware, and complex integration projects
- Experience with Jira & Confluence or other Project Management tools like TFS, Monday, Asana, ClickUp, etc.
- B2B/Wholesale eCommerce experience
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
- Competitive compensation
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Learning & Professional Development opportunities
- Fun, creative, collaborative workspace
- Opportunities to travel and attend events. Required travel for this role is limited (0-25%)
- Opportunities to work from home / remote*
* Candidates will be asked to be available for either an in-person and/or video conference interview during the hiring process. Applicants that need special assistance or accommodations are asked to make us aware. Every effort will be made to treat such requests confidentially.
PPWD is a proud equal opportunity employer.